- Help Paying For College
- Financial Aid
- Scholarship and Award Opportunities
- Local SUHS Scholarship Packet
- ACS: Chemistry for Life Scholarship
- AHA Scholarship
- APSEA Scholarship Foundation
- Because College Is Expensive Scholarship
- Big Future Scholarship
- Cabrillo Civic Clubs of California
- Columbus Citizens Foundation
- Crowhurst Memorial
- Early Risers Kiwanis Club of YC
- FIDM Scholarships
- Frank M. Booth H.S. Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association
- Italian Catholic Federation Scholarship
- John & Freda Monnot Scholarship Fund
- John and Karin Jelavich Scholarship
- Jordan Kuphaldt Memorial Scholarship
- Mary M. Aaron Memorial Trust
- Michael Matteoli Memorial Scholarship
- NICHE No Essay Scholarship
- OLA Organization Scholarship
- Paulsen Family Scholarship
- Pulse Of Perseverance Scholarship
- Race To End The Stigma
- Rotary Memorial Scholastic Foundation, Inc.
- Sarah Jackson Memorial Scholarship
- Tri Counties Bank Scholarship Program
- Workforce Development Scholarship
- Mental Health Services
- PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10
- Yuba College
Andy Peek Livestock Scholarship
ANDY PEEK LIVESTOCK SCHOLARSHIP
Before his death, Andy Peek was president of Western Video Market and also General Manager of Shasta Livestock Auction Yard in Cottonwood, California, a family-owned business where he worked for over four decades. He was a past president of the California Livestock Marketing Association and served as a board member for the National Livestock Marketing Association. Andy was a past chairman of the Shasta District Fair Board in California and in 2007 was named Tehama County (CA) Cattleman of the Year. All told, Andy was a major presence in the U.S. livestock industry.
Promoting healthy livestock markets became Andy’s passion. His friendly, customer-oriented style and knowledge of the industry were widely recognized.
In January of 2008, after a battle with pancreatic cancer, Andy passed away at the age of 55. At that time, the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale instituted a scholarship fund in Andy’s name. Below you will find the criteria and application for that scholarship.
The Peek family will announce scholarship recipients during the Red Bluff Bull Sale, the last Saturday in January each year. To continue Andy’s support of youth programs, this scholarship will be offered annually to students majoring in Agricultural Studies (with a special emphasis in the livestock industry) who share Andy’s desire to work in the industry he dearly loved.
Deadline: December 14, 2022
For students pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Graduating high school senior or undergraduate student
- Presently or planning to attend a junior college, state college, or university
- Plans to major in Agricultural Studies (priority consideration for those entering the livestock industry)