- College and University Information
- Help Paying For College
- Financial Aid
- Scholarship and Award Opportunities
- 10 Words or Less Scholarship
- Active Life Scholarship for Financial Literacy
- Active Life Scholarship to Tackle Your Weakness
- Andy Peek Livestock Scholarship
- Be Bold Scholarship
- Because College Is Expensive Scholarship
- Big Future Scholarship
- Blaze Your Own Trail Scholarship
- Blue Jacket Bonanza
- Burger King Scholars Program
- Burress Law Underdog Scholarship
- Cobell Scholarship
- Coca Cola Scholars Foundation
- CREATE Mentoring Program Scholarship
- Department of Energy Scholarships
- Dirk Derrick Car & Truck Accident Injury Scholarship
- Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship
- Elks National Foundation Scholarship Program: Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- FIDM Scholarships
- Heisman High School Scholarship
- Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation: College Scholarship Program
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Kelly Law Autism Scholarship
- Lamber-Goodnow Scholarship
- NICHE No Essay Scholarship
- Profile in Courage Essay Contest
- Prudential Emerging Visionaries Scholarships
- Pulse Of Perseverance Scholarship
- Top of the Mountain Memorial Scholarship
- Voice of Democracy Scholarship
- Mental Health Services
- PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10
Active Life Scholarship for Financial Literacy
Deadline: September 30, 2023
Who: Current high school or college students age 15 years or older.
What: This scholarship encourages students to identify and take action to improve a weakness and begin to transform it into a strength.
Amount: $1,000. May be used at any college to study any major.
Of the many rites of passage that you experience going off to college one of the most important is that you are now completely responsible for your own personal finances. Not only do you have your own bank accounts and credit cards, but you can now spend freely without having to ask Mom or Dad. While this freedom can be exhilarating, you now also have some major expenses such as tuition, books and room and board. For many it will be your first exposure to carrying debt in the form of student loans.
Gaining the skills to manage your personal finance is commonly known as financial literacy. Building a strong foundation of financial literacy now is critical to your long-term success in everything from buying a house to ensuring you have enough for retirement.
To encourage you to become financially literate, we are offering a $1,000 Active Life Scholarship for Financial Literacy. To apply simply complete the application on this page.