We are excited to share a variety of opportunities this fall designed to help prospective and future applicants get to know UC! Led by Undergraduate Admissions, this virtual series brings together all nine UC undergraduate campuses.
UC for Everyone: UC wants You
The UC for Everyone: UC wants You! events are for students and their families who are considering UC in future years. These events will feature current students and parents, UC faculty, and UC alumni who will share their experiences of UC.
- September 8, 5 - 7 p.m. - If you live in rural northern California, Central Valley, Sierras, and Imperial Valley, UC invites you and your family to join us for this program. After a brief introduction to the UC system, current students from these communities will reflect on their college search process and transition from home to the UC, share their experiences at UC and discuss their perspective on the value of UC, including the financial aid process. The session will end with a live Q&A from current students and admission representatives and will include tips on how you can best present yourself on the UC Application.
- A special event for UC community partners, K-14 academic preparation program participants and their families: September 10, 6 - 8 p.m. - How can UC help me prepare for a career? What is research, and is it for me? Should I consider an internship, and how do I determine which one is right for me? UC community partners, educational preparation program participants and their families are invited to learn more about opportunities that await them at UC.
- October 24, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.- Students, parents, UC faculty and staff will share their experiences and insight on opportunities and options for students in the African-American, Native American, and ChicanX/LatinX communities on our campuses. The session will end with a live Q&A. This session is intended for students and their parents interested in learning about how UC campus's academic and affinity resource centers support and strengthen the history, culture and well-being of students of color.
UC for You
As part of the UC for You series, UC Undergraduate Admissions will host three events for prospective Fall 2021 applicants:
- October 3, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - California first-year students
- October 10, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - California transfer students
- October 17, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Non-resident/International students
Registration is now open!
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Tanya Chirapuntu, MA
Manager, Outreach and Educational Partnerships
Graduate, Undergraduate and Equity Affairs
University of California Office of the President
Grand Canyon University (GCU) is dedicated to providing academic excellence while leading a movement of service and leadership in a Christian setting. Our biblically-rooted mission was built upon making a difference in the lives of others, and unleashing an opportunity for quality, affordable education through a Christian worldview.
GCU’s degree programs exist to enhance the skills and knowledge that are necessary to succeed and advance in a professional career. Our rigorous curriculums are taught by experienced faculty and staff who guide students in finding their purpose on their journey towards academic success.
Traditional and online learning options provide an opportunity for students to achieve their goals with ideal flexibility and convenience, allowing faculty and staff to concentrate on student’s success within a deeply nurturing Christian setting.
Grand Canyon University is committed to aligning our programs to accreditation standards to help you exceed industry standards.
- GCU Virtual Presentation - OFFERED EVERY WEDNESDAY IN SEPTEMBER AT 3:00 PM - REGISTER for one of these Information Meetings
Sacramento State University CAMP Program will conduct a virtual meeting for juniors and seniors of Migrant Ed Workers to discuss the Sac State application, admissions requirements, CAMP application, and A-G requirements.
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2020
Time: 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
Open To: SUHS Juniors and Seniors
"In order to provide students with necessary tools to prepare themselves to apply for college/university, the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) provides high school students with a college readiness presentation as well as guidance in exploring and applying for other support programs within Sacramento State.”
Check to see if you are eligibile for CAMP by downloading the CAMP Application
Elizabeth Sanchez | School Counseling | She, Her, Hers is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Registration Link: https://csus.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4INGGF098UYsYUl
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 924 7457 0119
Yuba-Sutter Virtual Job Fair: Thursday, October 1, 2020
Duration: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Would you like to get connected to HR Managers and learn about their company and current job openings? Attend the Yuba-Sutter Virtual Job Fair on Thursday, October 1st, 2020, from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Job openings in the following industries will be available: Healthcare, Production, Handyman Services/Laborers, Landscaping, Automotive and Warehouse.
Please call us at (530) 822-5120 ext. 3068 to REGISTER and receive the Zoom link for the Virtual Job Fair
Hosted By: Yuba & Sutter County One Stop
- Health and Safety Precautions in Place
- Sutter & Yuba County One Stop Are a proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.
The 10 For Alec Challenge Starts October 7, 2020
DO YOU ACCEPT THE “10 FOR ALEC” CHALLENGE?
Great! We can’t wait to see you show off a skill, your athleticism, or your creativity in memory of Alec Flores and in support of young athletes.
Our goal is to raise $10,000 in 10 days. These funds will help seed the organization's funds to begin awarding scholarships to deserving athletes.
FOR THE FIRST $10,000 RAISED, A PRIVATE DONOR WILL MATCH EVERY DOLLAR!
So, grab your phone and make a video. Show us 10 jumping jacks, pushups, somersaults, or cartwheels. Ten free-throws, goals, or laps. Give us a 10-word poem, a 10-color painting, or 10 little monkeys jumping on a bed. Even though the organization is about sports, this challenge is about imagination. If you accept it, it is up to you to come up with 10 of something meaningful.
Download your copy of the 10 For Alec Challenge Flyer HERE
Our local Washington State University Admissions Counselor, Mathias Colwell, will conduct a virtual visit with SUHS students to provide them with information regarding WSU campus life, the application process, financial aid, and more.
Event Date/Time: October 7, 2020 at 3:00pm
Students who are interested in taking advantage of this great informational opportunity are encouraged to register and attend this event.
The WSU internal registration link that students can use to register in advance for the event is https://futurecoug.wsu.edu/register/?id=b0846c7b-99ca-4c71-840f-44f9b1f32722
On the day of, students can also use it to sign in and it will automatically take them to the zoom information below.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: https://wsu.zoom.us/j/93060672823
Meeting ID: 930 6067 2823
Please refer to this guide on Joining WSU Zoom Meetings before trying to join the meeting.
Note: Zoom Account authentication is required to join this meeting.
Join from WSU Conference Room System (Polycom)
1. Using the touch panel, or remote control, select 'Place a Call'
2. Enter the IP Address including periods: 22.214.171.124
3. Press the pound key twice '##'
4. Enter the Meeting ID: 930 6067 2823
5. Press 'Call'
Join from Conference Room System with SIP
2020 SCRCD Conservation Education Speak-Off Competition
Topic: How should Resource Conservation Districts serve and engage the entire community in conservation work?
Contest will be held: October 8, 2020 -- Contest will be held via Zoom Video Conference
*Applications must be subbmitted by October 2, 2020
District winners will receive:
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $75
- 3rd Place - $50
- Must be a high school student, grades 9-12, at the time of state conference in November.
- Any prior state winner is not eligible as a contestant.
- Must have an interest in agriculture, resource conservation or the environment.
- Contestants MUST speak at the district level then regional level to compete at the state level.
Submit by October 2, 2020
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUHS students are invited to register for a virtual college visit with UNR! Topics to be discussed include life at UNR, the admissions requirements and the application process.
Virtual Visit will take place on Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm.
The session will last approximately 45 minutes and will allow time for questions. The zoom link (no password) for October 8th 3-3:45pm is: https://unr.zoom.us/j/98676536594
Students are highly encouraged to register for the event ahead of time: https://admissions.unr.edu/register/F20SutterUnion
Creative careers begin here
Our local FIDM College Representative, Roseanne Johnson, will conduct a virtual visit with SUHS students to provide them with information regarding FIDM's application process, financial aid, and more.
Event Date/Time: October 15, 2020 at 3:00pm
Students, grades 9-12, who are interested in taking advantage of this great informational opportunity are encouraged to register and attend this event.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: https://fidm.zoom.us/j/91507892357
Meeting ID: 915 0789 2357
One tap mobile+16699006833,,91507892357# US (San Jose)+13462487799,,91507892357# US (Houston)Dial by your location+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)Meeting ID: 915 0789 2357Find your local number: https://fidm.zoom.us/u/ad3USHc1jj
I am reaching out to invite you to register for a virtual college visit with UC Santa Barbara! As your UCSB Admissions Counselor, I will introduce your students to life at UCSB, the UC admissions requirements and the UC Application.Here is the registration link for the virtual visit on Friday, October 23, 2020 from 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm:Registration is required. I look forward to "meeting" with SUHS students this fall!Thank you!