Student Driving Training Process
Your son or daughter ages 15 1/2 to 17 1/2 are eligible for enrollment in a Driver Training program once they have passed an approved Driver Education program. Students may elect to take Driver Training at one of the local driving academies or through the program offered at Sutter Union High School.
Beginning July 1, 2016, a fee of $176.00 will be charged each student participating in the behind the wheel Driver Training program at Sutter Union High School. This fee may be paid online through the Husky Webstore or at the ASB window at the high school. Payment will be required before training begins.
In order to be eligible for enrollment, the student must agree to abide by the rules of the road as well as the Driver Training Instructor, have a valid permit and have a completed an Acceptance of Liability form signed by both parents or parent/guardian having sole custody on file. We will try to accommodate the student’s inability to do the behind the wheel Drivers Training, but this is not a guarantee. Promptness and regular attendance is essential. One student's actions affect all others in their group.
1. When students start the program, we schedule them to complete the program.
2. The fee in Non-Refundable and Sutter Union High School does not write letters verifying amount of time driven with an instructor for other programs.
3. Students must be prompt at their scheduled driving times. If you are not at the driver training car at the scheduled time to leave and the instructor leaves without you, you will be considered a "no show."
4. If an emergency arises, Mrs. Zwissig or your Driver Training Instructor must be notified with enough advance time to get a replacement driver.
5. "No Shows" will be placed at the end of the list to drive, only if space becomes available and automatically dropped with no further opportunity to drive with the school at the end of the school year.
If you have any questions, please contact Connie Zwissig at Sutter Union High School, (530) 822-5161 Ext. 106 or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org