- Mental Health Services
University of Colorado, Denver
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1201 Larimer Street #1005
Denver, CO 80204
Applying to college can be a complex process, but CU Denver is here to help. The application you need depends on your specific situation. For example, if you are a current high school student, you will follow the link to Undergraduate Admissions.
Take a look at the different student types explained below. Find the type of student you are and click on the link to get to your application. If you have questions at any point, you can contact the Admissions Office.
Fall 2021 Undergraduate Admission Application opens in September and closes March 15th (preferred deadline) or May 15th (final deadline)
- Start Planning – Check requirements, find your major, meet a counselor, etc.
- Apply Online – Be sure to include all requested information and complete all steps and pay the $50 application fee
- Send Official Documents – Send official documents with your transcript
- File your FAFSA – Complete and submit your FAFSA
General admission applies to programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), the School of Public Affairs (SPA), and the College of Arts & Media (CAM), except for music.
Several criteria indicate you're a strong candidate for general admission.
- Your GPA and test scores fall into or above our middle 50%
- You've completed all HEAR requirements
- You have no more than two MAPS unit deficiencies
- Four years of English
- Four years of mathematics (three of which must be Algebra I or higher)
- Three years of social studies (including one year of U.S. or World History)
- Three years of natural science (two of which are lab-based)
- One year of a single foreign language
- Two years of academic elective
If you need more information, visit out First-Year Frequently Asked Questions section.