- Mental Health Services
Established in 1887, Pomona College is a private liberal arts college in Claremont, Calif., about 35 miles east of Los Angeles. We offer a comprehensive curriculum, with 48 majors in the arts, humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
One of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, Pomona is a close-knit and diverse community of accomplished scholars, scientists, entrepreneurs and artists who are passionate about making a difference in the world. There are approximately 1,670 students who come from 59 nations and all 50 U.S. states, as well as the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico.
Office of Admissions * 333 N. College Way * Claremont, CA 91711 * 909-621-8000
Application Deadlines for Regular Decision:
- Submit application by January 8th
- Acceptance notification will be made by April 1st
- Student must reply/accept enrollment by May 1st
In assessing applicants’ academic readiness and fit for Pomona, we take into account:
- Courses taken
- Rigor of curriculum
- Application type
First-Year applicants are required to submit the following:
- Official high school transcripts
- For most students, this means asking your high school counselor to submit your official transcript(s) with grades through your junior year. Transcripts also may be submitted through Parchment.
- School report and counselor recommendation
- Mid-Year report
- Two letters of recommendation
- one-time, non-refundable application fee of $70 or fee waiver
- Pomona-specific essay questions