skip to main content
placeholder for top bar
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 3777 Omaha, NE 68103-0777
Phone: 800-228-9553

Enrollment Requirements

Any person may be enrolled who is at least 16 years of age* and wishes to benefit from a program of study at the College.Metropolitan Community College is an open enrollment institution; however, the recommended first step to enroll is to complete our application 'Apply Now' at  This prompts specific information regarding your next steps in the enrollment process.  You may also call the Contact Center for assistance with enrollment at 531-622-2400. 

Full-time vs. part-time status

Students enrolled in 12.0 or more credit hours during a quarter are considered full-time students. Students enrolled in less than 12.0 credit hours during a quarter are considered part-time students.
Students wishing to enroll in more than 25.0 credit hours need to meet with an academic advisor or counselor to request permission.   Generally, only students with a 2.5 or higher G.P.A. for the preceding quarters or demonstrated academic success are permitted to carry more than 25.0 credit hours.

Admission to specific programs

Some programs have specific requirements and a formal admissions process. Among the items generally considered in determining the eligibility of students for admission to programs are educational and occupational experiences and other reasonable standards to ensure that the student possesses the potential to complete the program successfully. The College and programs reserve the right to deny admission to any students who would not be employable in their respective area of study.
The College may require students to provide a medical statement from a physician or background check for admission to a specific program or when it is otherwise in the best interest of the student and/or the College.
Students who do not meet the requirements for a specific program might become eligible after completing appropriate work in developmental studies or prerequisite credit classes.

Students with disabilities

MCC is committed to providing appropriate services and accommodations for any student with a documented disability through Disability Support Services. To be eligible for services, students must identify themselves to DSS and provide documentation of their disability. Once appropriate documentation is received, DSS works with students to determine reasonable accommodations. These accommodations may not always be the same as the student received in high school or at another college or university. DSS counselors are available to assist students with disabilities on an appointment-based system. Appointments may be made by contacting any Student Services office.

Submitting your transcripts

Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to MCC must provide official transcripts and declare a program of study so the incoming transcripts can be evaluated against the requirements for that program or degree. To mail official transcripts for evaluation, contact the school and have the transcript sent to:
Metropolitan Community College
Attn: Records
P.O. Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
Students may also hand deliver an official transcript from another institution to the Records office on the Fort Omaha Campus. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from that institution.
If students are having their official transcript emailed to MCC through an electronic transcript provider (Parchment, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.), then it must be emailed to
Transcripts are required once students have met with an advisor and declared a major. For advisement questions, call 402-457-2400 to speak with a Contact Center advisor or to schedule an appointment with an advisor.

Transcript evaluation

Transcripts are typically evaluated on a course-by-course basis, so this evaluation cannot be done via email or over the phone. Courses not offered by MCC are not transferred in nor are courses that are less in credit/quarter hours than the courses offered at MCC.
If students change their academic program, a re-evaluation may be requested by completing a re-evaluation form. Visit for the form.
Once transcripts are evaluated, postcards are sent to students informing them of the results. Students may also log on to their My Services account to view this information (under academic profile, unofficial transcripts).